Thursday, March 27, 2008

Castle, Grand Prix Mini Golf - Houston, TX


Castle, Grand Prix Mini Golf, originally uploaded by Mr. Kimberly.



I finally left the house and visited an abandoned and partially demolished mini-golf course. I had seen it many a time while driving the 610 north. Houston Flickr user ThisIsIt2 posted a set of pre-demolition pictures...

Castle Golf - Malibu Grand Prix

At first, I was bummed about the cloudy day. But the pictures look better for it. The complex was off a 1-way street, pain to get to. The place was huge, and the gate was open, so I drove in. A couple of guys were loading junk into a dumpster. I was tempted to ask about some picture taking inside the main building (see panorama) but I had to get home. I posted about the place a while ago, and it was nice to get there while these remains still survived.

1 comment:

Amber Rhea said...

This is great. For some reason, abandoned mini golf places are particularly intriguing to me. They don't quite reach the height of creepiness as abandoned amusement parks, but the two are along the same continuum.