Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year, More Of The Same Good Stuff

Happy New Year to whoever is reading this post. Sometimes writing this blog feels like yelling off a cliff. I'm making some noise but I don't know how far it carries. I don't believe in making New Year's resolutions and I don't have a big end-of-the year post in my head. I'm just looking forward to doing more of the things I like to do, keeping the good habits I have and doing less of the things that haven't worked.

Anyways, our coming year and years will have us traveling with a new addition. Zoe is her name and on her 6th day, still sweet girl. I think she will be a good partner in crime and fit in quite nicely with our little clan.

I'm hoping to put her immediate arrival to good use. Author William Gibson said that his first book Neuromancer was written under the influence of sleep deprivation brought on by the birth of his first child. I have to say that I am hoping for the same creative push. While I didn't manage a whole book, NaNoWriMo did result in three finished short stories and the beginnings of a couple of longer stories. The completed works just need some feedback and proofreading. I'm looking forward to the next step with them and hopefully publication will be the final result.

Simply put, this year will be full of opportunities and experiences. I hope to make the most of what comes my way.

1 comment:

Amber Rhea said...

Your noise carries to Georgia, at least! :)