Thursday, July 19, 2007

Another Evening With Richard Cheese and Plus More Covers

Saw Mr. Cheese and his band at the Roxy last night. Good times. This show make 10 total that we've seen him and all but this one in Sin City. Definitely a different crowd than the ones in Vegas. As my wife pointed out, unlike the Atlanta show in Vegas you don't have to do much to make the girls dance on stage. Dick seemed to be drinking more then usual. Bought a shirt, it looks like a piano before being opened.


I love his lounge-style covers. Which is why I bummed that I will be missing the Puppini Sisters at the Ferst Center at Georgia Tech. They do Andrew Sisters-style covers of modern toons like Gloria Gainer's "I Will Survive," Blondie's "Heart Of Glass," and "Panic" by The Smiths. I'll be in Houston at the time of their show in Atlanta and then they will be heading back to England. So no chance to see them life anytime soon.

My favorite is their cover of Kate Bush's "Wuthering Heights". Their myspace page has a great sounding audio file, but I've posted an okay sounding Youtube video performance so you can see what's going on at G-Tech.


No comments: