Friday, June 22, 2007

They Write the Songs: Working with Musicians

My jobs always have me meeting interesting people and one of the last jobs I've worked was no different. 3 of the four guys I working with are in bands. Jason is the drummer for Dead Confederate. Their myspace page has them describing themselves as "Rock / Psychedelic / Other". What's really cool is that they just got signed to a label and are doing a bunch of touring.

While talking about his band schedule, I met another new guy (to me) who was also in a band. Jason was talking about hitting some cities in Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama. Mo mentioned that his band was flown in a military cargo plane to perform for the soldiers at Guantanmo Bay. His band, Mother's Finest.

Mo's got a sweet ride that he built himself. The doors come from VW Beetle, he salvaged wood from a shipping pallet for the roof and steering wheel and the trunk has been cut down to fit his Frankensteinian monster of a hot-rod. If I had only seen it in a picture I wouldn't have looked twice, but I feel in love with this thing when I saw it. I love the carpeted doors.



Moe's Truck, originally uploaded by Mr. Kimberly.




Moe's Truck, originally uploaded by Mr. Kimberly.




Moe's Truck, originally uploaded by Mr. Kimberly.

No comments: