Monday, December 18, 2006

Birthday: Take 2, An Evening With Young L. Ron

Two weeks after my birthday, I finally had the day that I wanted. The car's wheel falling off made it impossible to do the things my wife intended to do on the 4th. Today was my rain check.

Dinner was at Front Page News in Little 5 Points. A nice Gumbo Ya Ya (Chicken and Sausage Gumbo) was a favorite part of the meal. But the real fun was at Dad's Garage.



After a year of hearing about the NYC production and news of the Atlanta premier, we finally saw "A Very Merry Unauthorized Children's Scientology Pageant. " Funny, from beginning to end. Not an easy task for an all-child cast. The kids were great. Unlike many shows where a lack of projection or singing range might break the scene, the roughness lent itself the "kiddy pageant" concept of the show. Sarah Gooding, who I had seen while working Atlanta Lyric's "Secret Garden", was enjoyably offputting as the omnipresent angel. She acts as narrator and participant in the story of L. Ron Hubbard. The rest of the kids are great, and I couldn't recommend this enough for fans of the irreverent.

Go to the show!
Go to the show!
Go to the show!

Due to sold-out shows, they have added some new dates.

I'll buy your ticket if you see it and don't enjoy it*

-------------------------------------------------------

*offer void in Atlanta, but still go see the show.

No comments: