Saturday, July 09, 2005

Liberal Stupidity. Seriously!

Just as many conservatives despise neo-cons and their highjacking of the republican party, there are a collection of apologists that reside in the liberal camp, excusing all sorts of behavior as a product of bad environment. My future home has one of these folks.

Attack on trucker spotlights troubled community

"At 2 a.m. Tuesday, a tanker carrying 7,500 gallons of diesel fuel was ambushed by a group of kids who pelted it with rocks and fireworks.

Police say a bottle rocket blew up inside the cab, injuring the driver and causing him to lose control of the massive tanker. It rolled over on the side of the road.

Investigators still are trying to determine exactly what happened next. But friends of the driver say he told them he prayed for help as some of the youths broke out the windows of the cab, hauled him out and beat him. Others danced on his truck."

Local Councilwoman Felicia Moore responded in this manner...

"I'm hoping this is an isolated incident," Moore said. "I don't see it as a group of people who want to terrorize truckers. I see this as a few teens who need to find something productive to do. It is obvious that they need programs in here, especially for the teenagers. I am going to work to get some programs in here."

Low income communities need all sorts of programs to give capable and deserving people the tools to work and contribute. But these guys aren't those people. Ms. Moore is using environment as an excuse for the absence of a moral compass. What are the lessons learned for all those people that reside in that neighborhood that find this behavior completely reprehensible and not representative of their beliefs?

Insulted and condescended to is what I would feel like if I was one of her constituents. And as a liberal, I don't find my beliefs so inclusive that criminal violence is allowed in the tent. Hers are the sort of comments that allow conservatives to rightfully point out an unwillingness to make people responsible for their actions on the part of some liberals. If anyone takes exception to a white, college grad guy coming to these conclusions, I'll be happy to respond with my short history of the couple of co-workers, convicted murderers, that I worked with while in New Orleans.

No comments: