Thursday, July 15, 2010

Conspiracies in the New Neighborhood: My Kind of People


This odd sign is the only thing in the neighborhood like it.  Outside the Loop isn't known as a hotbed for conspiratorial thought, but I'm sure Glenn Beck is on a lot of the TV's here.  Being a fan of conspiracy theories, I'm pretty well versed in most of the major players.   The "R.D. Oligarchy"is a total mystery to me, though.  It doesn't ring any bells and Google shows nothing.

Guess I'm leaving a note the next time I walk that way.

3 comments:

Robert Boyd said...

Perhaps the "Republican Democratic Oligarchy"? The sign writer is taking a stand against the elites?

Mr. Kimberly said...

Your guess is as good as mine. I've never heard "R.D." as shorthand for anything. And I was reading conspiracies in 1999 about Bush choosing Cheney as VP because his heart condition was going to kill him soon after election.

Meaning, I love conspiracies, and this one is new to me.

I like interesting neighbors!

Bill Shirley said...

I'm was going to say "Republican Democratic" as well.

Didn't Cheney choose Cheney as VP? He was the head of the "selection group", and couldn't find anyone (else) that fit his qualifications.