Monday, January 18, 2010

The Italian Job: Blogging About The Big Trip

Florence, Italy.

T-minus 4 days and counting.

With a long month behind us and the promise of a great trip ahead, I'm counting the days until we are on a plane to Italy.  Like most trips, I have been scouring the internet for photos, stories and places to visit.  And in a unique twist, this research got me an invitation to guest-blog for ArtTrav.

"Arttrav is an art, travel, and Italian lifestyle magazine. My goal is to freely provide you not only with quality travel information about Italy, but also with a vicarious experience for the internet-based traveler."

Which is perfect, since it has been a vicarious and internet-only experience so far with an actual visit coming soon. 

My first post, Traveling Strange: A Collector of Eccentric Attractions Comes to Florence was published earlier today.  I'm hoping for at least one more pre-trip post with a few while in the city. 

So, once again, the internet has thrown more unexpected opportunities my way, and I've been happy to capitalize on them as best I can.  Oh, internet, you and I were made for each other.

No comments: