If it was just exploring forgotten century-old tunnels behind the base of Niagara Falls or an abandoned rocket aimed at the center of the earth, that would be more than enough. But the adventures of visiting unused Soviet-era bases in Mongolia are just the icing on the cake. Living a dream I never even thought of having, these guys just amaze. So, scoff at their intentions or even disbelieve that anyone would even take an adventure like that. For me, it is proof that these guys carry on the traditions of great explorers long before them, this time with digital cameras and tattoos.
Other UE sites I like:
- No Promise of Safety - click this link and be in awe of a kid with steel nads!
- Infiltration - "...The zine about going places you're not supposed to go..." I got all 24 issues.
- Urban Exploration Resource - "...Featuring Urban Exploration stories and a huge database of locations and pictures..." Houston included.
- Forbidden Places - Huge list of sites, introduced me to the Canfranc railway station
- UE on HAIF - 5 year-old tales of local adventure on the Houston Architecture Info Forum.