Sunday, October 19, 2008

Blurry Pictures of a Good Night: Mucca Pazza @ The Orange Show

Orange ShowThe deranged marching band Mucca Pazza (Italian for "mad cow") made it a night Thursday at the Orange Show.  I went out a simple curiosity about the band and a love of the Show.  I hadn't seen a performance there, and now I'm looking forward to see more events there.  The band and the venue were a perfect, if tight, fit.  They played phenomenal mad klezmer-punkish tunes in mismatched outfits, stomping and wandering about the crazed steps and walkways of the hand-made tourist attraction.   A mildly dangerous thing to normally do in sunlight, but at night blasting away on a musical instrument, it was fortunate a musician didn't twist an ankle or bust a head.  The band would be great for fans of Mr. Bungle, Secret Chiefs 3, Gogol Bordello, kelzmer fans, and the young at heart. I would like to book them for my kid's 5th-year birthday.

This post originally started out with just my pictures, taken on my Canon PowerShot A510, hence the title. Searching flickr, I found show photos taken by Jim "Eggs" Bricker (from the Houston music scene blog Breakfast on Tour) with his much better Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi.  Look closely and you might be able to tell the difference.













No comments: