Sunday, April 29, 2007

Soyent Green is the Audience!... Robotic Musicans, Etc...


I was fully ready to be disappointed in the clicking the "Used Robots in Georgia" link. But www.used-robots.com/ is exactly what it says, a distributor of used industrial robots. I like the before and after pictures of said robots, restored to their former shiny glory. Remind me of a scene in the movie "Dave" where the main character plays with some might big industrial bots.

Even better are musical robots. There's the Crazy J, a guitar playing machine created by the crazy kids at Georgia Tech's mechatronics class. More G-Tech fun is to be had at Innovations @ Georgia Tech :: Robotic Percussionist. Videos from the school's Haile robotic drummer project are pretty amazing, as well.

But what I really want is a total package of mechanical musicians and performers. Because my wife says she's not my monkey, so I got to find someone to do silly dances for me. Say...


No comments: