Monday, October 01, 2007

Kirsten Hassenfeld at Rice U. Gallery, Too Much Stuff & Mama Cat T-Shirt

Last week, I went to the opening of Kirsten Hassenfeld's opening at the Rice University Gallery. It was worth dealing with the stupid parking situation because the show is a beauty. My pictures don't do justice to the large, delicate, nuanced pieces.

I would have attended her free lecture the following day, but I promised a neighbor that I would help him move. He was moving his girlfriend back to Boston. Having moved cross-country three time in the last eight years, I knew wouldn't fit all the stuff in the 12-foot truck he rented. As we packed his truck and there was less and less room, I told him that he should get a 16-foot truck. He said that it would all fit. It didn't.

I now have a large box of really nice, gourmet food, four folding chairs and a new TV.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


My sweetie is modeling my favorite shirt I never wear. I worked an Asian art show in Vegas years ago. All the shipping and packing materials had this great mama/baby cat logo. I asked if they had any extra t-shirts, and the gift-prone Japanese guests gave me this one. They must have thought that I doubled in size when I left the museum because they got me a XL when I'm a M. I would wear this all the time if it wasn't a circus tent on me.

It's a perfect shirt for mom-to-be.

No comments: