Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Humming Birds, Tee Pees and Museums, Oh My


, originally uploaded by redhandcase.



Texas, home to so much uniqueness.

I had high hopes for a weekend trip but it will have to wait. I wanted to view the fall migration of hummingbirds in Rockport, TX and stay at/visit the Tee Pee Motel in Wharton TX, 60 miles outside of Houston. As I write this, CNN is talking about the motel and US Today wrote recently about the motel's restoration by lottery winners.

Instead of a road trip, we're going to be closer to home. I've been lazy about visiting the local art institutions. Tomorrow, we will be running around Houston's museum district, taking advantage of free admission.

While the hummingbirds will be gone after this weekend, the Tee Pee Motel will be there for another trip.

No comments: