Monday, December 11, 2006

Quotes about Maturity, Museums & A Recipe for Turning to Drug Use

You're older than you've ever been
And now you're even older
And now you're even older
And now you're even older
You're older than you've ever been
And now you're even older
And now you're older still
- "Older", They Might Be Giants

Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.
  - Kurt Vonnegut

Humor is a saving grace in the house.  That's why I love that my wife watches most of the Adult Swim shows with me. She'll keep me in good spirits as I turn into an old man.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Dublin also has several antique shops and gift stores as well as a beautiful Corner Lot Park, where you can see Pretty Peggy Pepper swinging."

From the Dublin (Texas) Dr Pepper Bottling Company FAQ Page.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Just recently I read somewhere online about poppy tea.  Its a potent and easily made brew, decorative poppy plants from a florist can be turned into an opiate-filled drink.  A google search will show just how easy to make this at home.  The more I get into December; with a disappointing birthday, a still-undrivable car and the prospect of Christmas shopping, the more this tea is looking good to me.  Fear not, I will not be turning to concocting this drink at home,  but I am ready for this month to be over.

No comments: