Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Motel Palmont: Now Gone

I heard on NPR last night that the Palamont Motor Lodge was getting torn down, and today I managed briefly to stop by and see for myself. I first saw the motel in October and once again in Brook Novak's pictures.


CRW_0870, originally uploaded by brookenovak.




CRW_0871, originally uploaded by brookenovak.



Now it looks to be cleared in an effort to develop Sweet Auburn.

**************************************************

From the AJC - Historic Palamont Hotel demolished

2 comments:

shoobie said...

this comment has nothing to do with this post...

after re-reading the comments in order, your chime-in was fucking hilarious dude. nice work.

http://vicklanta.blogspot.com/2005/04/leash-kids.html

Amber Rhea said...

Wow, I knew it was getting torn down, but I didn't know it was happening so soon! They don't mess around...

At least you and Brooke (and others) got some good pictures of it.