Friday, May 30, 2008

Ventures in Low Culture: How I Will Be Spending $22 This Sunday


When I am not helping art institutions install culturally engaging and visually unique art exhibits, I read gossip and conspiracy websites and watch cartoons (made for kids, adults and both.)

So, when I read that the 3rd season of the disturbingly funny Venture Brothers was offering limited edition t-shirts, I was right on it. The animated show manages to mix occult and conspiracy theories with super-science and celebrity appearances (David Bowie, Iggy Pop and Klaus Nomi as the leaders of the sinister and inept Guild of Calamitous Intent!)


I wish I could get a Guild of Calamitous Intent auto emblem much like the Freemasons have. I would gladly represent as guild member driving my sweet 2004 Kia Optima. A menacing ride indeed!

I can't afford to subscribe (yes, subscribe) to all 13 shirts for $250, but I will be adding at least one to my wardrobe.

Lastly and only mildly related, enjoy Klaus Nomi's covers of "Lightning Strikes," and "The Twist."




No comments: