Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Atomic Paranoia as a Hobby: Somebody Likes My Blog...

... I don't care what the bumper sticker my wife wants to get me. Got a shoutout from Ward Jenkins from Ward-O-Matic. In addition to being the Animation Director for Primal Screen here in Atlanta, he's been posting some sweet pix on his Flickr page.

My favorites are in his Fallout Shelter Handbook from 1962 collection that he blogged about a couple of days ago. Saw the pix first on Boing Boing.



I too have a couple of atomic age oddities.



A strange book, that talks about increasing productivity by recognizing the potential in your employees. That is until they reach a critical mass that destroys North America (see book cover for geographic location of powerful people.) Purchased at Victory Vintage which has a mural done by Ward.



Also in my collection...

"If the Bomb Falls: A Recorded Guide to Survival"



Bought the album off of eBay. The image above is from CONELRAD the home of "All Things Atomic, The Golden Age of Homeland Security", which has RealAudio files from the "If the Bomb Falls" LP.

1 comment:

Amber Rhea said...

I am so jealous of that book. I really need to go back to Victory Vintage!